Thursday, August 18, 2016

Listening for the goodness ~ Pelagius

When I first read this chapter I felt a deep connection with what Pelagius said.

I have Aspergers, and as is not uncommon amongst us, I feel a deep connection to animals.  A deeper connection than I do with other humans.  I see God in everything, especially in the gift of animals, in nature, these are precious in part because God is in them.

As I have reread I have felt pain for Pelgius, he loved God, he loved his neighbor be they human, flora, or fauna, he thought women should be allowed to read the scriptures, he appears to have been a good Christian on most if not all sides (I have not researched him separate from this reading, so cannot respond if their are other sides to which he is less than a good Christian).  And yet parts of the church sided against him and his movement.

Doing Gods work is never easy, and Pelagius saw that from his own church.

No comments:

Post a Comment