Friday, August 26, 2016

Listening with the imagination ~ George MacDonald

Comparing traditional views of mankind with Celtic view mankind. Does man have the essence of God within them did they lose it at the fall.


I have always felt that all of creation had God in it. It was hard for me to view humanity as having the essence of God in them, however in the rest of creation I could see the essence of God shines through.



Every good and loving action a human commits is inspired by love, believing God is love requires the belief that there is the essence of God in humans. While I view the rest of creation as more beautiful than humanity I must believe that humanity also has God in it.



McDonald opened the door for such beliefs to come back into Celtic life.

No comments:

Post a Comment