Thursday, June 17, 2010

1st Day 2nd Time 2nd Try

First day of the second quarter. I still fell out of place, but not because of anything except that I know I am not one of them anymore. I left here. It was not a choice I liked making, but I made it, and now I will never really be one of them. I know none of them is completely normal. Being normal involves so much work, while so little. The ‘normal’ college student is supposed to drink a certain amount on a daily basis, they are supposed to spend a certain amount of time at a job, time with friends, time studying, and time sleeping, and eating, but when you add up the hours needed to do all these things you end up with more than 24 hours needed in a day. Where do they take the time from? There is nothing free to take them from. Even if they eat while working, and somehow also spending time with friends the hours are too few.

I did not want to leave, I wanted to stay on course, I wanted to be in the front of the classroom by this point in my life, but I am not. I am sitting in the front row, waiting for the prof to show, waiting for the day to begin. I have always known what I wanted to do. Teach, mold the brains of our youth, teach them to think for themselves (even when it means disagreeing with me). I let my life get dragged off course, I let myself be taken from the path.

Here I sit, waiting for the class to begin, my life to be forced back to the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment