Sunday, June 27, 2010

Yay insurance

Until recently I had not had insurance since I was on my parents insurance. Upon getting it I went out immediately (seriously, next day), to see a doctor. I have lots of issues, major and minor that I have learned to deal with, but have hurt my 'quality of life'.

I told my new doctor my health problems, and that I am not a fan of just taking a bunch of pills to fix everything. My issue with taking pills to fix everything would not matter for most people, but because I have multiple issues taking a pill for one thing almost automaticly means making something else worse, which of course means I would then need to take another pill to fix that, which would . . . Thankfully my doctor understands that and is going to slowly put me on meds to make sure there are no interactions, we will be dealing with things in the order of importance (but not my order, as it turns out there were issues I did not know about).

But before I go on any new meds (even without insurance birth control is not hard to get) we are seeing what can be fixed with over the counter stuff. I have a morning/evening week pill holder that just picking up makes me feel like a druggy, and all it has is vitamins. I have B, C, Calcium/D, Fish Oil, multivitamin, and a few of others. Being unhealthy seems so much simpler than having to remember to take pills in the morning, and evening.

Before we put me on any meds there will also be a nutrisonist consulated, to see if there is something I can add, or get rid of, in my diet.

I sometimes wish I was actually a person that acted unhealthy, instead of someone that did just about everything I am told to do, then at least I could say it was my fault not just genetics. However I have never been given more than I can handle, and life goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment