Thursday, July 25, 2013

How American media sees the world

There is a train derailment in another country, all the news agencies say the country, the number dead, show the video over and over.  However countries are not small things, and as such a large country we should know that. In 10 minutes of news coverage they continue to fail to say where exactly it happened.

It took having a friend in a country where they did this for me to notice.

In this case it was Spain, and knowing that my friends in Spain do not drive, but walk and take the train everywhere I was worried that they were on the train, that they were some of the dead.  I was worried, but kept trusting that the news would say where, or at least if any Americans were involved.  After 10 minutes without any useful information from the news I went online to see if anyone was giving useful information.

I found that it was no where near them, and then found a response that they made to someone else since the derailment.  Still, it got me thinking, this happens all the time, not derailments those are rare, but saying a large other as far as to where something happens, each time they do this there are people out there waiting to know if they should worry about their friends, coworkers, family, etc.

And that is your random over-thought thought of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment