Monday, July 25, 2016

Is there anything you can’t let go of but you know you should?

Time for another random question and answer, get to know me.

I have been able to let go of most everything.  I have forgiven people who have not asked forgiveness.  The only anger and pain I cling to is how the church I grew up in treated me after I was raped.

For all I know they now have group therapy for rape victims, however with me they did everything wrong.  I was suddenly not allowed to be around children, be in any choirs, all I was welcome to do was give them money.  I tried to stick with it, I kept going to services, and I kept feeling less and less connected as those around me built walls.  They were confused why someone so involved would suddenly disconnect, they thought I had done something.  I felt utterly abandoned

After six months I realized they were not going to change for the better, things would only get worse if I stayed.  So I left.  I left my friends of over a decade.  Once I did leave I almost immediately found new places I felt at home, places that let me be me, places that would welcome me in my broken state.  I found new friends, people that made me feel whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment