Friday, July 15, 2016

Spiritual Heritage

I come from a mixed and wandering spiritual heritage. 

  • Mom was raised Pentecostal
  • Dad was raised Lutheran
  • God-mother is a cradle Catholic
  • I was raised Presbyterian
  • In high school went Lutheran for awhile
  • In college I was victim blamed and shunned by my Presbyterian church elders
  • I wandered Catholic and Lutheran churches for a time
  • While I wandered the family wandered Evangelical churches
  • For a time I shared the families home church
  • Then a friend invited me to try an Episcopalian service

Strengths that come from my background
  • Know the differences in denominations
  • Know where I stand
  • Know my bible
  • Know my service style
  • Know my servant skills

Weakness that come from my background
  • Lack of stable history

No comments:

Post a Comment