Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Introduction

This is back story (written as if it were the intro to her journal) of my character in the Warhammer game. I will be attempting to give 'journal' entries for the different sessions (different entries for each day that has interest, when that comes into play). You will see a good bit of me in this, but keep in mind this is not in fact me, but my character in a role playing game. Also keep in mind this might have some changes to it as I continue to flush in out.



I never knew about my parents, I often wondered, but never asked, I knew I would not be given such information. I do know I was lucky, though, that the priests that rescued me from whatever it was that brought me here were those of Shallya, that I was brought to the temple that I was, and that I was trained by the priest that I was. I was raised by a kindly priest whose views were not mainstream, much more accepting and loving of all. He told me that if our Goddess really was that of healing and mercy she was also that of love, as healing and mercy are only things that can be given out of love. He told me that she gave us gifts of so that we could use them to show love. I know I have taken this a step further, and that if any but my mentor heard I would be caste out as a heretic, or worse. But just as I never asked about where or what I was before the temple here, I never voiced such extreme thoughts.
I was raised around nobles, mostly. I never caused the trouble, but I would gladly help someone who was hide it from the elders. I kind of always wished that I had the guts to do more than sneak away at night to visit the poorer parts of the city. I was always a bit of a bookworm, I read about horrible pain and suffering outside of the world I was being raised in. Seeing how others lived fascinated me, I have sometimes wondered if this is because that could have been me.
I was known for helping the troublemakers to get away with causing trouble, but they could never prove it. I think my mentor might have been able to, but just never helped them out of his love for his star pupil.
The preachers that would come through from distant temples would teach hate of that which is different. They taught that magic is evil, that any that have the power was made wrong. I could never believe that. Shallya would not allow such a thing. I am human, there are elves, and dwarfs as well as human, so why is magic just another difference that the Goddess has given. If everyone had the same gift none would survive. We need the one with the gift of growing things or there would be no farms, we need those with the skill to cook, we need those that are good with a sword, we need the tailor, we need the smith, and I believe we need the artist as well. It would also be quite boring if everyone were the same.
From what I have seen, from those preachers that pass through, the further from here you get the more pain and suffering, and with so few of my order out there to help that will continue. I have lived a mostly sheltered life, I have read books, every single one that I could get my hands on, I have studied at the feet of all that would teach me, even those with whom I did not agree. I wish to be a part of the cure, not the sickness, so I am going to go to the far reaches and spread the love, mercy and healing or Shallya.

No comments:

Post a Comment