Friday, August 16, 2013

Thinky Thoughts on Loneliness

This brought up thinky thoughts.

I have a good number of people on my friends list I do not know well. Some I keep on my FB because I want to know them better, some because they teach me things, some because we have some deep connection but only that one way do we have anything, and a few that I keep thinking about cutting because we have nothing. I probably could only count 50 of my FB people as real friends, the rest are just FB friends.  Seeing the number of my FB friends actually makes me feel a bit lonely because of all the people I do not really know.

I think it is weird that this blog makes me feel less lonely.  Almost no one I know knows about it, the majority of the people reading are people I have never met.  Sometimes it feels like shouting at nothingness, although really, that is not that far off, just that there are people in the nothingness who hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment