Friday, April 22, 2011

More Graduation type thougthts

I just headed to bed, but could not sleep as I am just too darn giddy about things.

I was all jumpy with graduation coming up. I keep going 'this is the moment I have lived 28 years for'. But as someone who twas raised by a philosopher I think about things in a weird way. I think about how everything is new, and everything is old, everything is different, everything is always the same. Yes graduation is something I have lived the last 28 years for, then again, this moment, this post is something I have lived the last 28 years for. Whether I know in the moment of an action that everything I am and everything I have ever been is in that moment. This post is a creation of the writing, thinking, studying, and craziness that is the whole of me.

When I took my first Anthropology class the prof told us that you can never come to a situation without some predisposition about it. You cannot separate the current from the whole.

That is not to say that this coming moment is not huger than any moment I have experienced before, because there are few moments in my life that will be remembered as this one will (and it is still a month and a half away), but there are so many moments that created it, that it is not a solo moment.

Thankfully I have some time to figure out will be invited to what graduations (and decide whether I want a grad party or two). I graduated high school early, and it took me 10 years to get the BA (that would be pathetic if not for the break in the middle).

Now I shall double check what stuff I need to deal with in the next month, and then give a second attempt to sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment