Thursday, September 12, 2013

Personality type, etc, with a side of geek

I am ENFJ (mildly E, and moderate for the rest).  I always feel weird about these types of tests, because I walk the line of Introvert and Extrovert, I would be pure extrovert, but have Aspergers, so that wrench makes everything very weird.

I found a graphic of Harry Potter characters paired with personality types.



These of course are based on extreme connections to their personality types.  I am nothing like Dumbledore, in fact I see more of just about everyone else in me.  However I could see if I were not mild and moderate, I would have more Dumbledore.

I do not think anyone should take the personality test and then try to be more like what it says about them, just learn from it, and this graphic I thinks let those who feel like they are failing by not being something else see what greatness is in them.  Then again here in America we are always told how much of a failure we are at everything.  We need to change everything about ourselves.  We cannot just be who we are, we need to be more like that person over there.  In the Daria episode Too Cute we see each being told they should look like the other, and sadly I feel like there is always someone wishing to look just like that person that wishes they wished look someone else.

We should try to be proud of what and who we are, but we should be the best we can be, which does require learning more about ourselves, and seeing were we can evolve to our better selves (and of course see how awesome we can always be).

No comments:

Post a Comment