Thursday, September 12, 2013

Rain

I love rain.  I am originally from CA, moved just outside of Seattle when I was rather young, and have loved rain since my first rain here.  In lots of places you only get one or two kinds of rain, neither are fun to deal with.  In Western Washington we gets many types of rain.  My favourite type of rain is such a light rain that if you walk fast only your front gets wet, mostly because people outside of Seattle get incredibly confused when they hear about it.  We have lots of light rains, and really only see that heavy rain that most people hate when it is storming.


During junior high and high school I was commonly wearing a hoody year round.  It was rare it was too hot for it, and it was rare that more was needed.

I have a few friends (all but the Cajun were born here) that find heavy rains to be great for sleep.  I fall asleep to rain very well, so when I do wake up during the night when it is storming out I get back to sleep so easily that I kind of wish it would storm more, but only at night, during the day I prefer our light rain.

After a certain amazing encounter with a gorgeous lady, I laid there and could feel rain on my skin, there has never been another lay like that again.  We were inside, and it was sunny outside, but my love of rain meant in that mental place I connected my happy thoughts and feelings, so I could feel that non-existent rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment