Thursday, September 12, 2013

Episcopalian

I grew up Presbyterian.  When the leaders at my church barely veiled their belief that I was at fault for being raped, I left my home church.  I started going to an African Methodist Episcopal church with my parents.  There were quite a few reasons that I never fit in, a huge one being that looks are more important than anything else to so very many of them.  When a friend invited to visit her Episcopalian church, I wanted to change immediately, but my mom wants is convinced church is only good if everyone goes to the same church.  I have moved past that with her and now get to go a church were looks are not important, but scripture is important.

Robin Williams is apparently also an Episcopalian.

Top Ten Reasons to be an Episcopalian, by Robin Williams
10 No snake handling
9 You can believe in dinosaurs
8 Male and female, God created them; male and female, we ordain them
7 You don't have to check your brains at the door
6 Pew aerobics
5 Church year is colour coded
4 Free wine on Sunday
3 All of the pageantry, none of the guilt
2 You don;t have to know how to swim to get baptized
1 No matter what you believe, there's bound to be at least one other Episcopalian who agrees with you

No comments:

Post a Comment