Monday, September 16, 2013

My toe

My toe hurts really rather bad, but it is a good thing, on a couple of levels.

I have had an infected ingrown toenail for a week, I kept putting off going to the doctor over it.  Today I went.

Based on the increase of pain levels I would not have been able to go out dancing on Thursday as I had planned.  I am in more pain right now than I was, but it should be getting better quickly.  Missing dancing because of a toenail just sounds stupid, gimping the next couple of days is completely doable.  I asked about being able to dance before the procedure started, so she offered to have me listen to music during it, when I said I did not bring headphones she told me to just play it through the speakers.  Now I get to dance on Thursday, and she found out about a new group (not that Balkan Beat Box is new, but it is new to her).

I knew the doctors at the office I go to were sex positive.  But saw a new level of that when I got an orgasm from the incredible feeling of the nail being taken off (the toe was numb, then shooting feeling).  The doctor grabbed some more pain meds, as I should not have had the shooting pain, I should have felt nothing, and gave me a minute to feel a bit less embarrassed.  Then she started asking about the S&M part of my sex life.  She wanted to make sure I was not doing anything stupid or unsafe.  While I was incredibly embarrassed, apparently I am not the only one to have an 'interesting' story from the doctor (she put it very delicately, but was pretty clear that orgasms are not all that uncommon at the doctor).

No comments:

Post a Comment